My name is Hugo Pieters, born in Holland on April 06, 1942. I hereby am displaying 100 of my paintings. My total collection is about 200 paintings, done on 4x4 ft amazonite or 6x4 ft or more on canvasses. The 2 photo sessions of my paintings were done by Mr Allan Truax, who is residing in Montreal. This was all painted on acrylic.Since my teenage years in Holland, when I started listening to Art Blakey and his Jazz Messengers, Miles Davis, John Coltrane and others, I have been truly intrigued by their art form of free interpretations, which in turn inspired me to move towards abstract art. I emigrated to Canada in 1966 and have become since then Canadian- Dutch, in which I feel very comfortable.
My career and achievements, spanned over these years are:
- I worked 25 years for Air Canada as a Sales Agent at the Airport in Toronto
- Have traveled extensively around the world, taking in the tremendous feeling of different cultures.
- I speak 10 languages!
- Was part of the Dutch National Youth Water Polo Team up to 18 years old.
- Participated as a draftee in the Dutch army in their swim team, attending the NATO Games, held in the Fall of 1961, in Athens, Greece.
- Having had about 12 exhibitions of my paintings, in Toronto and Montreal.
- I was part of a Writing group, for about 4 years.
- Have lived in 7 countries, the last one being in Valparaiso, Chile, right on the Pacific coast.
- My hobbies are: Art, reading, swimming for distance, exercise, walking in Nature, Classical music, Modern Jazz, Rock, Funk, Rap, Global music etc. etc.
- That's all.